Confessions of A Carb Queen

The Lies We Tell Others...The Lies We Tell Ourselves.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Chippin' away!!

Quote of the day:

We are made to persist. That's how we find out who we are.

Tobias Wolff

Week of October 15-22

Starting: 45 pounds to lose

Total for week Loss/Gain for 10/15 - 10/22: -2

Pounds remaining: 30.1

Total for week 10/1 - 10/8: -11.2
Total for week 10/8 - 10/15: -.9
Total for week 10/15-10/22: -2
Goal for week 10/22 - 10/29: -2

Vitamins: Been takin' em!!

Today's Grateful List:
1. Fall days
2. Peacefullness
3. Singing birds

Physical: 1 hour gyrotonics and cardio at gym. Lots of walking!!
Spiritual: Been pretty good at saying morning prayer

Emotional:

OK..so I didn't meet my goal of 3 pounds, so I guess it's going to be 2 pounds from here on in! I thought I'd be able to squeeze out a few more pounds before I had a steady 1-2 pounds per week...but hey..it's all good!More importantly..did I do what I said I was going to do???:
Check! 1. Drink more water!!! I've been really slackin' on thisCheck! 2. Say morning prayer every day!Check! 3. Go to shul on SaturdayCheck! 4. Take vitamins!Check! 5. Get to the gym twice for cardioCheck! 6. Measure, measure, measure! Portion control!Check! 7. See mommy once this week, even for 5 minutes

Well..that's makes it a GREAT week!! Plus I lost 2 pounds! Hey...that's an accomplishment! So
I'm going to repeat those goals for next week and add one more:

1. No eating or drinking after 8pm

I'll get back to you as to how I made out!

Gotta say...patience is a bitch! Had a good talk with Bro last night. We really are each other's strength a lot of time. Using any sort of substance, food, alcohol, drugs, sex, gambling etc...to hide the pain is just a band aid. When the binge, of whatever, is over the pain is still there and in most cases even worse because then the shame etc. comes in! Having that in the forefront of your mind at all times is really really important. However, it can also be tiring. Live in the grey. No ups and no downs. Have fun in life. Be grateful. Put good people around you. Create a support system. Make choices that will advance your goals. Arrgg! 30.1 more pounds! BE PATIENT!

So there goes another week. Time. That is an interesting concept which I'll touch upon at another time...(punn intended :)

Go out and enjoy the day!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home