Confessions of A Carb Queen

The Lies We Tell Others...The Lies We Tell Ourselves.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Day 1...Take Off!

Quote of the Day:

Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work! H.L. Hunt

Day 1

Starting: 45 pounds to lose
Loss/Gain: n/a for today
Pounds remaining: n/a for today

Today's Grateful List:

1. walk/talk/speak/hear...seriously grateful!
2. absolutely the most amazing support system
3. ability to have ambition, clarity and discipline
(think about it..how many people talk the talk??)

Physical: Gyrotonics 1 hour
Spiritual: Shema Prayer
Emotional:

Wow...last night's lecture was eye opening. See how everything happens for a reason? I was hem and hawing (that looks weird when you write it out! LOL) about going. L called...had to go! "It's not where you are, but where you're going." Very inspiring.

Busy day today. Meeting J at 12:30. Will walk from 72nd to 17th providing that it's not raining too hard and then 1 hour of gyro! Gotta see mommy.

Something has definately shifted. I can feel it in my soul and my being. It's a strange feeling, but one that I'm embracing because I know it's where I want to be. So much emotion this past week. More than I've had in a very very long time. I needed to cry. It felt good. Refreshing. Cleansing. Interesting...right before Yom Kippur...hhhmm...interestingggggg.

So here it goes. Day 1. Reminds me of the first day in Durham. I was so scared, yet so psyched because I knew my life was about to change in the most dramatic way. I feel that right now. It's not like this flowing of exciliration of emotion...more like...yes, this is right. It's time. I'm ready. Healthier than the boosts of emotion. The pounds are all relevant. 25, 50, 75, 100, 200, 300...it doesn't matter what you have to lose or what you need to accomplish..stop drinking, gambling etc....where ever you are is where you need to start from.

So it's 45 pounds and counting! Remember it's a journey...and as long as you stay on the path, it will happen. H.A.L.T....10 breathes....nothing and no one is more important that accomplishing this goal. Not even G-d can get in the way once you made your mind up to change...(learned that last night :)

So enjoy the ride with me.....it's going to be exciting!

1 Comments:

At 7:32 PM, Blogger Susan Blech said...

Gotcha! Well..Jeanie...thank you for being so supportive! May - September was a very very tough time for me. Between transitioning back to "the real world" and writing the book, I had little emotional time left. But I'm sooo happy to say that I've done amazingly well! I've kept all of my weight off and am now launching "The Final 45" on my blog. The book will be out sometime this summer, as well, which I am super excited about!!!

Keep me posted how you are doing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home