Confessions of A Carb Queen

The Lies We Tell Others...The Lies We Tell Ourselves.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

I missed you guys!

Hi Everyone...

So let me fill you in on what's been going on. I LEFT THE RICE HOUSE! I can't believe that my journey there is over, but it is! I got back to New York mid May with an apartment and no job, no money and with all of my hopes and dreams ahead of me! I was scared out of my mind! The first month was pretty tough. This is what my plan of action was for the first 3 months:

1. Get apartment set up in one week.
2. Find job in 3-4 weeks.
3. Stay out of restaurants.
4. Get signed up at a local gym and see about trainers when I have money.
5. Be calm.
6. See my family and friends that make up my support system - no one else!
7. Maintain my weight until after the summer and then begin to lose the last 40!
8. NO MEN!!!! :)

I'm so happy to report that it's now just about 5 months later and I've been able to maintain my weight!!! I did EVERYTHING I set out to do. I have a great apartment, great job, I've stayed out of restaurants, I have two great trainers, I happy and calm for the first time in my life, I see my friends and family in my support system very often and certainly call them very often, I've started to be more aggressive in losing the last 40 pounds and I'm happy to say I've been "men free!" No drama! I've recently started dating...you'll hear more about that later! :)

My sister and I have finished our book and we're in the midst of finalizing the contract with the publisher!!! It's been an incredible journey. In writing the book, I still can't believe how I survived it all. I am CERTAIN that all of you will be able to relate to any or all of the things in the book...how I "lived" my life. I've only now learned what it really means to live!

I'm glad I'm back! Thanks to all of you who kept up with me through your emails...I can't tell you how much it helped me! Thank you so much for being patient. In the next few blogs entries I would like to share with you what I've learned these last couple months. I know it will help all of you!

Please let me know how everyone is doing!!! Speak to you soon!!! Susan :)

1 Comments:

At 12:33 PM, Blogger Valerie said...

Susan,

Congrats to you! So glad your back. Looking forward to your posts and your book!

Valerie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home