Confessions of A Carb Queen

The Lies We Tell Others...The Lies We Tell Ourselves.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Here's another one!!

Everyone knows how much I LOVEEE pasta!!! So I just couldn't resist!!!

Shrimp Scampi Fettuccine

1 box of fettuccine
1/4 cup of italian parsley
1 1/2 pounds peeled shrimp, fresh or frozen
1 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and then sliced
1 small red, yello and or green bell peppe, seeded and diced
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
1/4 cup no salt butter
1 lemon, zested and juiced

1. Cook pasta in water according to the directions on the box. Do not salt the water. When finished toss with 1/2 of the parsley. While that is cooking......:)

2. In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook shrimp, zucchini, peppers and garlic in butter for about 3 minutes or until shrimp is opaque, remove skillet from heat.

3. Stir in 3 tablespoons lemon jice, 2 tablespoons zest of lemon and remaining parsley. Season with pepper to taste. Spoon over pasta and ENJOYYYYYYY!!!!

I eat pasta every day, sometimes twice a day! I love it!! This is just one recipe that I modified to make it a low sodium treat!! Be careful though...it makes 8 SERVINGS!! Now, back in the day...that was good just for me! But come on now everyone!!!!......1 serving each please!!!! LOLO!! :)

Let me know how you like it! I'll keep 'em coming! Warmly, Susan

1 Comments:

At 12:09 PM, Blogger Natalie said...

Doodlebug - COME HOME! I miss you girlfriend! XOXOXOXOXOXOX

 

Post a Comment

<< Home