Confessions of A Carb Queen

The Lies We Tell Others...The Lies We Tell Ourselves.

Monday, March 13, 2006

Anonymous March 10th 10:49pm

Hi A!

You know I often asked myself why is it that I didn't want to start losing weight when I was 250 pounds? 275 pounds? 325 pounds? 350 pounds? 375 pounds? 400 pounds? 450 pounds? Why did it take to 468.1 pounds for me to say...HEY! SUSAN! WAKE UP!

What is our personal wake up call?

For me it was a trip to the doctor. For you, it is something else. But when it hits...boy WATCH OUT! That's the motivation! You can't buy motivation, it can be bartered, you can catch it. Something happens and it just happens.

The hardest thing that I had to give up was leaving my family and friends. After that, I missed quantity of food most. When you want to lose weight it's pretty simple. Calories in versus calories out. You have to be in a deficit of calories in order to lose weight. Period. I got into a very big habit of eating very large quanitites of food all the time.

However, after a few weeks/months I felt so much better that the quantities became less and less important and feeling better became more and more important.

I hope that answers your question. Let me know if I can help in any way. Warmly, Susan

1 Comments:

At 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I just started the diet TODAY! I'm excited. But, you don't still weigh in at over 200 pounds in your "slimmed" photo, do you? You look FABULOUS!

WantToBeThere!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home