Confessions of A Carb Queen

The Lies We Tell Others...The Lies We Tell Ourselves.

Monday, March 13, 2006

Anonymous March 9th 3:40pm

Hi A!

I sooo know what you are talking about! Before I decided to start the Rice Clinic I had such little hope. I didn't know where to turn or what to do. NOTHING worked for me! NOTHING! I was scared out of my mind that I could have a stoke. Will I ever have children? Will I ever get married? It just seemed like such an uphill battle...and in some way it was. But I had the courage to say that no matter what, I was more important than anything.

You will get hungry. But remember...is it hunger for food?? There are basically four reasons why a person eats:

1.Hungry
2.Angry
3.Lonely
4.Tired

If you are hungry....eat an apple, make some pasta, go and get a pototoe. If you are angry..deal with it. (that's a whole other subject!!!!) If you are lonely - call a supportive friend, join groups, or just go get a cup of coffee at a book store! If you are tired, take a nap. But be honest with yourself about your feelings. It takes practice, but you'll see it works!

BTW....sodium makes you crave! Keep that in mind! You will find that on average you will NOT be hungry on this program! Hopefully you will look at it as a life changing move in your life!

Keep me informed. If you get hungry....EMAIL ME and talk it out!!!!! I know what it feels not to have your life and to get it back. YOU CAN DO IT!!!! YOU CAN!!! Seriously!! Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home