Confessions of A Carb Queen

The Lies We Tell Others...The Lies We Tell Ourselves.

Monday, March 20, 2006

Recipe Madness!!

Ok...so I got chewed (punn intended!) out from my sister because I didn't put quantities for my recipe! Geez Louise!!!! I've been cooking all my life! A pinch here a pinch there...you know what I mean girls!!!

Ok...so here it is again! Add or subtract where you see fit...ok Caroline! (that's my sister! We love each other!!! :)

Crispy Pearl Onions

1 Bag of frozen Pearl Onions
1 TBS Garlic power or to taste
1 TBS Paprika or to taste
1 TBS Black pepper or to taste
1 - 2 TBS Olive Oil (if you have a mister that is good, if not just spread around mixture)
1 cup Cream of Wheat (uncooked)

Spray non stick spray on cookie sheet. Mix all ingredients together. Mist with olive oil. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour or until very crispy!

Mix with pasta and maybe a little low sodium tomatoe sauce...YUMMY! My favorite!

'till next time! Susan :)

4 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. How many servings does this make? Thank you.

 
At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so proud of her!! even if she disses me on her blog --

Susan should also tell you how to make her awesome tomato sauce.

Also, she has this trick which I've started to use -- as soon as you make the onions, or the pasta, immediately divide it all up into one cup plastic containers -- okay it fills the fridge up pretty fast -- but it also makes it really easy to know exactly what you are eating. THE SISTER

 
At 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so proud of her!! even if she disses me on her blog --

Susan should also tell you how to make her awesome tomato sauce.

Also, she has this trick which I've started to use -- as soon as you make the onions, or the pasta, immediately divide it all up into one cup plastic containers -- okay it fills the fridge up pretty fast -- but it also makes it really easy to know exactly what you are eating. THE SISTER

 
At 7:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susan, I am SO NEW with this but you are an inspiration to me (in Utah). This recipe you posted - what phase is this? Thank you. Kari

 

Post a Comment

<< Home