Confessions of A Carb Queen

The Lies We Tell Others...The Lies We Tell Ourselves.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Response to an Email....

Hi Everyone...

I received an amazing email today from someone. I won't share her email with you because of privacy and trust, but I will share with you that she has been having some struggles...don't we all at times!!! I'd like to share with you all my response because I so identified with her struggle and thought that so many of you could as well.


"OK..Listen.. STOP! Right now. Just STOP and take a breathe. Realize what you are doing to your life. We ALLLLL have issues every single day. You have to realize WHY you are turning to food and what food is giving you that you can't get somewhere else. Love, acceptance, courage etc. However, realize that food is an entitity. It doesn't give love, acceptance and courage. That can ONLY come from you!!!!

NOW....listen to me. Today is a new day. Just for this meal, just for today stay on program. No promises for tomorrow, no promises for the next meal. Just today...just right now. Then take another breathe. You CAN'T control anything external except the choices YOU CHOOSE for yourself."

I hope those words help people today...writing them helped me.

Have a great day everyone...Keep me posted!! Warmly, Susan

2 Comments:

At 8:14 AM, Blogger Lesley Looper said...

I just found your blog today! I've been at the Rice House a week and a half, though I'm back at work here in Durham this week. I miss the great classes offered during the day, but I still enjoy catching up with everyone at breakfast and dinner. Being back at work, I'm fighting some of the old temptations and stressors, so I enjoyed this post.

 
At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've been home about 4 months now, Susan. Not only have you disappeared from the official forums but you no lonrer post on your own blog.

How're you doing?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home