Confessions of A Carb Queen

The Lies We Tell Others...The Lies We Tell Ourselves.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Day 4....You can't always get what you want!

Quote of the day:

The jump is so frightening between where I am and where I want to be...because of all I may become I will close my eyes and leap.


Anonymous


Day 4

Starting: 45 pounds to lose
Loss/Gain: -1.3
Pounds remaining: 39.8
Total for week 10/1 - 10/8:

Vitamins: Yes

Today's Grateful List:

1. amazing friends and family
2. a heater underneath my desk at work! (It's freezinggg in my office!)
3. Walking. I saw some really cute guy get out of his car and into a wheelchair. I wondered...motorcycle accident? I asked him if I could have a ride (implied...on his wheelchair) down to 17th street (gyrotonics). He laughed! Walking...for sure grateful!

Physical: 1 hour gyrotonics
Spiritual: Silent Prayer...forgot to say morning prayer...:(

Emotional:

I ate my breakfast, lunch and dinner all before 1:35pm today. LMAO! Yup...don't know what happened, but I was starvinggggg today! I was so upset around 4pm, when I realized that the only food I had left for the day was 2 fruits! I guess...what doesn't kill ya, makes you stronger! Meanwhile, it's my boss's B-day on Friday and we (this other girl in my office) were searching for a present to give to her. She kept going into chocolate stores!!! I was cracking up...and she was like..."what's so funny?" Anyway....we decided upon a sweater from J.Crew and 2 chocolate/gold dusted covered strawberries.

Having the strength to say "no," when you really just want to give in..."just today" attitude etc. etc....is one of the hugest lessons I have learned over the past 3 years. It's hard. It completely sucks. I hate being hungry. But now, I look at the rewards instead of what I perceive as what I am "missing."

Today was a good day. You can't always get what you wantttttt...and somehow today I realized that that is OK!

I've learned a lot about things this past month. I learned the difference between wanting sex and wanting intimacy. I learned that if you truly want something - put everything aside to make it happen - even when it's really, really difficult. I learned that if you put your feelings out there for someone, even if you get hurt, make it worth it for the right person. The hurt will fade and you'll have some really amazing memories!!

Tomorrow is a new day! Full of the unknown and immence possiblities for greatness, satisfaction and peace!

1 Comments:

At 6:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susan...you are a great role model. Could you pleaseeeeeeee post exactly what ypu eat each day. I need ideas caus I get bored. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home