Confessions of A Carb Queen

The Lies We Tell Others...The Lies We Tell Ourselves.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Here's something to think about....

Hey all!!!

WOW! What a trip! Has anyone ever been to Israel? Well there are two major things in Israel...LOTS of HEAT and LOTS of HILLS!!!! WHOA...just when you thought you were finished with the hills and you were FINALLY going down a hill...right in front of you was another huggeeee hill. Now, this was a good thing in most ways because..hey...nothing like a good butt buster hill to burn off all that hummus! But in 100 degree weather??? Yes...I must have missed that day in class when we talked about deserts! Two suitcases of "cute" clothes and I LIVED in workout pants and short sleeves!!!! That was only the least of it...it was the MOST amazing, MOST romantic, MOST inspiring, MOST incredible trip I have ever taken. (Doesn't hurt that I had two blissful weeks alone with my new hubbie!)

But this all leads me to something....How do we take time for ourselves? More than a few people have said to me, "You were able to take 2 weeks off from work?" Is that a lot of time when you were a full year? I love my job. I'm passionate about my job. I help people...there is no better job than that. But if I'm going to do my job the best that I can...I need to take care of myself as well. I'm going back to work today, and I feel inspired, rested, energized, passionate and ready to take on new challenges. I have a clear head, new ideas and renewed vigor. Isn't that worth 2 weeks to any employer?

So the next time you contemplate whether or not you should ask your boss for a few weeks of R & R at your local beach spot or some exotic island...think about this blog post. You both will be the better for it!!!

Keep me posted!!!!

Warmly, Susan

1 Comments:

At 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your book inspired me to start the Rice Diet, I'm learning about it and keep having "false starts" where I go good for a few days and then my usual crap on the weekend. Your book really touched my heart because my binges so resemble yours; I have so many pages in that book dog eared and highlighted.
Thanks for writing it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home